Cheeeeez!

Cheeeeez!

An Orphan No More- Home Where He Belongs

An Orphan No More-  Home Where He Belongs
Christian David Snyder!!!!!!!!

The Snyders minus 1

The Snyders minus 1

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where's My Mommy!

So I know Karen's a terrific person and mother, but the look of underwhelment our little guy's face when he saw me was hilarious. When I finally got him out of the corner (see pic) things started to go better. Okay so it wasn't that bad, in fact it was pretty good considering he really has had a more immediate bond with momma; which is totally normal of course. We did spend time looking at mommy's picture and the sisters and brother too, and that helped.

The paperwork had snags...I know you're all shocked. There is some outstanding issue with my visa that I don't understand. Why don't I understand? Because our very nice translator was very careful not to give me too much info and alarm me. He doesn't realize that his concern, strange line of questions and a request to make a copy of my visa raise my "oh boy, hang on tight" antenna. I'm hoping this resolves tomorrow...please pray for that specifically.

Our son got his picture taken for his passport today...I think he's saving his smiles for momma. He did very well really. We played for ~3 hours today. It is much different without Karen here. Fortunately they allowed Kevin to come to the orphanage with me, so he got to meet our little guy.

It's hard knowing I will be leaving him here for the 3rd time, but nice to know we'll be back soon to take him home.

I'm out of words...hopefully I'll connect with Karen (having trouble connecting today) and she can relay other stuff.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim,
    I know you are in the air as I am writing, but it is fun to read your take on all of this and I didn't check yesterday. I am sure that was difficult for your little guy to see his Daddy and another man when he was expecting his mommy also. However, praise the Lord--only one more leg of this journey and our little boy will be HOME WITH HIS FAMILY!!!! Hope you have a picture of him dressed for the cold when he went out for the passport picture, Karen told me he was barely visible in all they "wrap" him in. See you soon.
    Love you,
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete