Cheeeeez!

Cheeeeez!

An Orphan No More- Home Where He Belongs

An Orphan No More-  Home Where He Belongs
Christian David Snyder!!!!!!!!

The Snyders minus 1

The Snyders minus 1

Monday, January 25, 2010

Accepting that It just Doesn't Make Sense

We are between doctor's appointments now. We went to get bloodwork done this morning. Of course, we had to have bloodwork done in America before we came. It was a requirement for this trip. So we brought with us a print out of our test results- blood work, tb skin tests, full physicals, even recent lung x-rays that prove that we don't have tb. We brought them with us and handed the results to the medical personnel. Then we have to turn around and have the same tests run here. Crazy! We asked our coordinator why we are doing them again. He just shakes his head- he doesn't know either. But blood tests are done and we go back in a few hours for physicals. That ought to be fun!

I was a bit nervous the night we left when a good friend of ours (Kevin) asked if we were bringing our own needles for the blood tests. Years prior, he had lived in Russia for a year. At that time, he had been told to bring his own needles for blood work because the Russians reuse needles. You should have seen our faces!!Well, it was the night before we flew out so really too late to get needles. So we asked our coordinator here if it was a concern. He said it is a good hospital and not to worry. So what to you do? I said a quick prayer for protection and just accepted the process. You had better believe I was watching the phlebotomist prepare to take my blood, though . :)

The gentlemen that drives us around transports us in an old, smelly van. It's ok- just old and smelly. He needs a new belt of some sort for the van. Hence, they dropped us off at the hotel while they went to get the belt replaced. Jim is working a bit- I am blogging- then we plan to go and explore Moscow for an hour until our next doctor's appointment. Just be glad I am not calling any of you right now (we found a way to call internationally using our computer- $5/ month). I want to skype with my parents and the kids but is is around 2 am so I am doing this instead. :)

Lots of waiting. Lots of patience. So much of this doesn't make any sense at all. So much of the process. But these are the times that I go back and remember why I am on this "detour" from my nornal, familiar life. I recall who first knocked on our hearts about adoption and called us to do what we are doing. It doesn't have to make sense. We just have to be obedient. I cling to the fact that He has gone before us, behind us and is right next to us. I need my Savior every day. But feel so helpless here- it is a beautiful opportunity to realize how totally dependent that I really am. And then to simply trust.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it!!! I can't wait to see your little guy. How exciting!! Rest assured we are praying for you, Jim, your children back home and your soon to be son!!!
    Mary Coombs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen and Jim,
    I just found out you were blogging!!

    We are with you, praying for you, loving you through Him.

    It is so special to me that your children are with you in heart and mind, knowing that they are all being called on by the Lord to "walk this adventure out". I do so much respect and admire the way God has led you both in your inclusion of all of them.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remeber to just breathe! That always helps me when things just don't make sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is with you guys sis.

    Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep your head up, knees to the floor and heart open...try to take those precious moments that you feel Gods presence so close and tuck them into your heart and mind to never forget how He is carrying you both. I am so glad you are able to blog this time. As I type it is 1:30 pm just finished lunch with the kidos and snow flakes are falling the size of quarters. I do not think it will stick to the warm ground though. Stay warm!!

    you all are in our prayers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete