Cheeeeez!

Cheeeeez!

An Orphan No More- Home Where He Belongs

An Orphan No More-  Home Where He Belongs
Christian David Snyder!!!!!!!!

The Snyders minus 1

The Snyders minus 1

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gotta Laugh

Several people have sweetly asked what is the latest on bringing our little guy home. We have a court date set for the end of the month and hotel reservations made. We have a flight in mind and have Fed Ex'd our Visa applications. But the fingerprint approval is still outstanding. It is a good reminder that we can work our list and check it twice but ultimately, we still need His miraculous hand to intervene. My friend was reminding me today that there is such a spiritual battle going on when you are trying to work in His name. The Lord mentions the need to take care of orphans many times in the Bible. And bringing that child that is otherwise forgotten into a loving Christian home...well the enemy isn't going to let that slide by. But we serve God the Almighty. The Alpha and the Omega. The Great "I Am". The kids and I were reading in Proverbs today that "He will uphold the ways of the righteous that seek Him." I am by no means righteous but I do seek Him and I do seek to honor Him through this. So... I'm thinking that He has our back. :)

At the encouragement of our adoption agency and the FBI itself, we are asking for the help of one of our state representatives to get our fingerprints expedited. You are reading the blog of a person that doesn't like to inconvenience people. Now we are contacting our government officials for help. But apparently, this is pretty standard. Fortunately, my parents are friends with a state representative. So hence, the phone calls and emails to her started today. I expect her to call me at home tomorrow.

I called my sister- in-law tonight just to have someone laugh with me. Jim and I needed passport pics for our visa applications that Jim planned to Fed Ex out after kids' activities tonight. I called Meijer (near dance class) to see if they could take a passport picture. Jim and I met there, 25 minutes before we needed to pick up girls at dance. After a lot of fussing and taking 2 photos, the young man told us that the machine was broken. So Jim called the Walmart across the street. After more confusion, they finally told him that they could take our passport pic. So we tromped over there (right across the street mind you). Upon arrival, a stunned young man told us that the only one person who knows how to take those pictures left 5 minutes prior. We said that surely there must be someone at the store that can take our picture (as I stood gazing at the banner proclaiming "Get your passport pic taken at Walmart") We were told a big "no". Now mind you, we had called both of these places first to make sure they could do this. Already late to pick up the girls, we finally called a FedEx store. I ran and got the girls from dance, another friend generously took one of our other girls home from basketball and we went to the next destination. While I finally awaited in front of the backdrop, the young lady paused and said that the battery on the camera was dying. I paused... and laughed. What do you do? Good news, though, the camera lasted and Visa applications are on their way.

It is a good lesson in continuing to laugh. Just pray and laugh- what a combination! Oh, speaking of laughter, wait until you find out what "gifts" I am supposed to bring to Russia. Ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment